My name is Sarah Mastroianni, and Italy is a part of me. Anyone who knows me will tell you.
Ever since I can remember I’ve been fascinated by the Italian language and have felt strongly connected to my Italian roots. At 15 I had my first brush with Italy. At 24, with a Master of Arts in Italian Studies from the University of Toronto, and experience travelling, studying and working in The Boot, I can safely say that Italy, Italian culture and the Italian language have become some of my biggest passions. This blog has given me an outlet through which to express my passion for Italian language and culture, to write (another passion) and also to share my firsthand knowledge with other lovers of Italy.
Want to know more about me?
1. My favourite place in Italy is Siena. The city is enchanting, and it’s the place I’ve come to feel is my “Italian hometown”. I could sit in the Piazza del Campo and stare at the Palazzo Pubblico all day. I never tire of it.
2. My favourite gelato combination is mango & cioccolato fondente. (Mango and dark chocolate).
3. I didn’t like Italy the first time I went. A cute waiter and a red leather jacket helped to change that.
4. My Italian drink of choice is Prosecco. I detest the ever-popular Spritz.
5. I’m Canadian (from near Toronto), and proud to be one. Don’t think my love of Italy doesn’t leave room in my cuore for a love of my home country.
6. Writing and Italy are two of my passions. This blog is where I combine them.
Thanks for stopping by! Grazie di leggere!